- CORONAVIRUS UPDATE -
WE ARE OPEN! - Phase II
We are pleased to announce that we are open for in-person services! Please read the details below to ensure that you can attend safely, or to decide if you need to stay home.
All praise be to God!
Dear GBC Family,
It is with great joy that I make this announcement: We Are Back!
SUNDAY's 10:30 am
Note: In compliance with state regulations, anyone with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, may not attend.
- Sunday, May 31 in-person worship service resumes
- 50% Capacity: sit 2 seats apart from non-family members
- Face masks: Are required, unless to participate in religious services
- No Childcare: The nursery and changing station are open to parents
- Bulletins: Find on the “Church Center” app – find in the app store.
The state government has decreed that our county can move into phase 1 of the forward Virginia plan on May 29. https://www.virginia.gov/coronavirus/forwardvirginia/
- Since our sanctuary and lobby are permitted for an occupancy more than double the normal attendance we are opening with no restrictions on attendance. In compliance with those regulations, we are allowed to open at 50% capacity, which is 105 people total.
- Bulletins: We are not allowed to pass anything out, hence no physical bulletins.
- You must maintain social distancing protocols and maintain a distance of 6 feet from everyone not a member of your immediate household.
- Face masks are required, but not if you are participating in a religious service. https://www.governor.virginia.gov/media/governorvirginiagov/executive-actions/EO-63-and-Order-Of-Public-Health-Emergency-Five---Requirement-To-Wear-Face-Covering-While-Inside-Buildings.pdf
- No offering will be collected, rather any giving should be placed in the donation box (which will be on the bookshelf to the left as you enter the sanctuary or mailed to the church: 205 N Maple Ave. Purcellville VA 20132).
- There is no Communion this week, however, it will be modified to comply with phase 1 requirements using single self-serve cups starting June 7. More details to follow next week.
- All frequently contacted surfaces will be disinfected prior to and after the service.
- There will be no children’s ministry or staffed nursery as children have a difficult time staying 6’ apart from one another. Parents are free to utilize the children’s rooms and nursery to attend to their little ones. Reminder, there is a changing station in the women’s restroom.
- Children must remain with their parents/relatives at all times. At no time should the kids be left unattended in any room. We look forward to opening the children’s ministry as soon as we can according to state guidelines.
Additionally, there will be hand sanitizer by the front doors and there will be no coffee on Sunday.
I want to be clear, though we are opening, you should use your own judgment to determine if you will attend. It is not a mark of spiritual maturity to attend in-person services, and the elders won’t think more or less of you based on whether or not you attend. Taking your personal risk factors and situation in mind, everyone should make the decision they feel best reflects wisdom for their family; no one's conscience should be bound in this matter.
And Just to illuminate the elders’ thinking, we looked at the actual number when we discussed opening. The Loudoun County estimated population is 415,000. As of May 28, 2020 the total infections in LC were 2318 or 0.005% of the population. Total deaths in LC have been 62, or 0.000152% of the population. Data collected from the Virginia Department of Health https://www.loudoun.gov/5334/COVID-19-Testing-Data.
If the elders felt it was dangerous to meet, we would not. That said I want to reiterate you should use your own judgment in this matter and not allow anyone to bind your conscience concerning attendance. A recording of Sunday’s message will be available on the website soon after the service. We hope to begin live streaming ASAP so that those who cannot make it can still have a Sunday morning worship time at home.
Please contact the elders with any questions. Praise God for his faithfulness in our lives!
Pastor Dave, Elders Garry & Adam